Wednesday 18 November 2015

Menswear Outerwear AW15/16 Trend Project - Trend Analysis

Last week I was introduced to the new project I will take on over the next four weeks. My seminar group was divided up into groups of three and given a category which would be their focus throughout this project. Much to my disapproval my group was dealt the menswear category. There were so many categories such as beauty, footwear, denim and activewear which I felt would be so much easier, more interesting and overall would efficiently cater for my girly character in a way that menswear couldn't.

Anyway I bit my tongue and got on with it and found myself actually quite enjoying the challenge. We were asked to finalise a subcategory which would be our focus throughout the project, our initial instinct was to go with outerwear as this seemed like a broad category which had the potential to be really interesting. We also agreed that when it came to the street style task, in reality this category would be the best bet due to the season.

Our first task of the project was to gather as many images as possible of trends within our chosen subcategory. So individually my group went away over the weekend and collected images, we used sources such as WGSN, Pinterest, Vogue.com, and GQ magazine to locate these. 

We then came together to produce a visual mood board using our findings. From just a glance, it was made clear from the mood board what the dominant mens outerwear trends for this season are. Trends we came across when categorising our research include tweed, camel, duster coats, bomber jackets, leather jackets and fur detailing.

Visual Mood board 
Within the mood board we categorised the images we had found into trends, based on style, colour and material. We were then asked to name the trend categories we had come across, for example we named our tweed trend category 'Old School Librarian'. Lastly we  had to decide on the final trends we would focus on within our project. We chose the trends we felt were the most prominent within our mood boards. 

Styles - Bomber Jacket, Duster Coat, Parka

Colours - Camel, Black 

Materials - Fur, Quilting

Over the next few weeks I plan on keeping my blog updated with each step of this project so keep your eyes peeled!

Love, Isabella x 
Photo Credits: All Own Images 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Isabella . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig