Monday 18 January 2016

Linda Richards New York Showroom

Whilst in New York last week I visited the the garment district where other FCP students and myself were taken to a sample sale, however if I'm honest it was the fur showroom next door which had really caught my eye! As we left the showroom we had been initially taken to, I hovered outside of the Linda Richards showroom next door, sneakily trying to take some pictures through the glass door when a lady invited us in to have a look around. I was over the moon to be able to have a quick look around not only because I'm such a lover of fur but because my summative brief topic is fur! (I'll link the blog post explaining my summative brief project below for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about).

Fur Pom Pom Beanie Hats 
As if I hadn't already seen enough of the fur pom pom amongst the streets of New York here it was again! The showroom had a range of gorgeous quality fur pom pom keyrings and beanie hats for sale which were all beautifully laid out as you can see from the images below and above. In a previous blog post based on the fur pom pom trend (I will link below) I discussed how the fur pom pom had become particularly popular amongst the beanie hat and keyring, so it was really interesting to see a fur based company's adaptation of the fur pom pom trend.

Fur Pom Pom Keyrings 














I was so overwhelmed by the showroom that I even forgot to look at the prices of the products, however as the garments were all made from real fur I had already assumed that the prices would be high and after having had a browse on the Linda Richards website this was confirmed. But who wouldn't be willing to pay in the thousands for one of these beautiful fur coats?


I'm in love the muted colour palette of this rail of fur garments above. I particularly loved how the showroom had been set out, which I think was partly why I was so drawn to it. The showroom was very colour led, each rail was dedicated to a different colour palette, for example the image above features a rail made up of a nude/beige based colour palette and another rail was made up of garments of turquoise and blue toned colour palette. I also liked how the interior of the shop was very clean cut and modern, it was predominantly white and relatively plain which meant that the fur garments really stood out, which is reflective of fur itself and the connotations of luxury and prestige fur holds.

'Market Visual Awareness Brief' blog post: http://isabellafcp.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/market-visual-awareness-brief.html
'The Fur Pom Pom - Trend Alert' blog posthttp://isabellafcp.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/the-fur-pom-pom-trend-alert.html

As wifi was near enough impossible to connect to when I was in New York, unfortunately I was unable to keep my blog up to date with what I did, where I went and what I saw whilst there. However I plan on posting on my blog as much as possible this week with what I got up to whilst in the City that never sleeps, so stay tuned!

Love, Isabella x

Photo Credits: All Own Images 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Isabella . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig