Saturday 23 January 2016

My Trip To Chelsea Market - New York

During my week spent in New York I visited Chelsea Market, located within the Chelsea neighbourhood of the borough of Manhattan in New York City, the market is a a food hall come shopping mall come office building come television production facility. The Chelsea Market website states 'Chelsea market is a neighbourhood market with a global perspective.' I knew next to nothing about the market prior to visiting so I was really unsure what to expect although really intrigued at the same time. To reach Chelsea Market, my friends and I decided to walk across the high line, an elevated section of an old unused railroad spur which has been converted into a linear park, allowing us to see some amazing views, particularly of the Hudson River on the way.

Once we had arrived at Chelsea Market, Anthropology was the first shop we came across which was so colourful and quirky, I can't believe I had never been! After I had finally managed to remove myself from Anthropology, we continued to walk through the Market where we stumbled across so many cute shops, eating places and stands, my favourite was the beautiful florist stand (pictured below). As we came to the end of Chelsea Market we were greeted with a hall/shop like area 'Artists & Ideas', which hosted a range of stands selling handmade jewellery, vintage clothes, floral headbands and paintings. There were also a few walls which were dedicated to new years resolutions, visitors were invited to write onto a post-it note their new years resolutions and stick it to the wall, I thought this was such a sweet idea. Once we had finished up in Chelsea Market, we walked back across the high line which runs straight through the Meatpacking District. We spotted the Giorgio Armani headquarters and were even lucky enough to see through the windows, where some sort of photo shoot was underway which was exiting to say the least! Below I have put together a bit of a gallery of best bits from my trip to Chelsea Market.

Anthropology mugs
Anthropology candles (they smelt divine)
The cutest florist stall
Fairy light heaven (AKA my heaven)
Soo American!
A wall of new years resolutions
Handmade jewellery  
'I am flawless with flaws & all'  
Giorgio Armani Headquarters 
I've still get so many photos from my visit to New York to share with you, so more posts will be up in the near future!

Love, Isabella x

Photo Credits: All Own Images 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Isabella . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig