Wednesday 2 December 2015

The Patent Ankle Boot - Trend Alert

This has to be my favourite shoe trend of the season, I just love these boots and according to my Instagram feed I'm not alone on that one! It's Raf Simons we have to thank for the calf skin patent ankle boots pictured below. These boots, which in my opinion instigated this seasons patent boot trend strutted down the Christian Dior Fall 2015 RTW catwalk accompanied by a suitable soundtrack 'Hot on The Heels of Love' back in March, and ever since then we have seen this trend spread like wildfire across the High Street.


Priced at £1100, many of us have been flocking to High Street brands for a cheaper alternative and It's unsurprising that Zara, the Queen of catwalk steals provided us with a creditable replica. You had to be quick if you wanted to bag Zara's affordable version of the boot, priced at a considerably lower £69.99, as they flew off of the shelves almost immediately leaving many (including myself) feeling disappointed. If you're still desperate to make a pair of these Zara boots the newest addition to your winter wardrobe they are currently available on eBay, but at an inflated price of course (around £86). Although many High Street brands such as Topshop, River Island and Kurt Geiger have showcased Christian Dior like boots in their stores this season, I feel that Zara's adaptation of the trend has been the most similar to the original Christian Dior boots. Although the patent ankle boot has been prominent across High Street brands this season, the patent boot accompanied by the lucite heel has not translated from the catwalk so well and therefore is much more rare. I think that it is the lucite heel feature of the Zara boot, taken from the original Dior designs which has made them so popular and well received as this is what makes the boots so unusual and therefore appealing, because lets face it we've all seen a patent boot before!

I find it really interesting that it has been specifically the patent ankle boot that has really taken the fashion world by storm this A/W as the Christian Dior Fall 2015 RTW collection also featured thigh high versions of the boots however it seems that these have not translated so well onto the High Street. I think that this is probably due to the wearability of the boots, as the ankle boots are much more wearable for High Street shoppers. As much as I love the thigh high versions I don't think I'll be rocking up to uni in them any time soon!

If you love this trend as much as I do, I have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to it which may be of interest so feel free to take a look; https://uk.pinterest.com/ichriston/the-patent-boot-trend/

Love, Isabella x

Photo Credits: Refinery29.com, Google images, eBay
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Isabella . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig